Happy Monday Y’all!
It’s been a minute since I’ve posted, but I’m working on a new post as we speak (type?). Hopefully I will have it up for you all in the next day or two, but for now I wanted to share my dinner recipe from tonight! I just LOVE these stuffed peppers. So quick, easy and healthy. Hope you enjoy! I’ve included these in the Recipes section as well 🙂
Stuffed Chicken and Rice Bell Peppers
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp basil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1.2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash bell peppers, cut off the top and and clean out the insides. Set in a baking dish.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken in the same skillet and brown.
- Add tomatoes, dried spices, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Add cookd rice and 1/4 cup cheese to chicken mixture and blend together.
- Stuff the mixture into each bell pepper – pack tightly. Top each with remaining cheese.
- Bake the peppers for 30 minutes. Enjoy!